Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29th Mid-day Pregnancy Update

So. Who's tired of updates that don't include news of a birth?...Me for one, but that's not the attitude we're trying to nurture, so I'll turn off the sarcastic anxiousness and get down to the facts.

Sunday was good. We relaxed most of the day at home, with walks sprinkled throughout.

I had a good bout of contractions in the morning for a few hours, then each time we walked they would pick up a bit again for an hour or two, but then subsided fairly soon. They were not very strong and only lasted 20-40 seconds.

In the afternoon from about 5pm till 7:30pm there was another round of very promising contractions every 8-10 minutes, but again, they were not very intense and only lasted for about 30-45 seconds.

Side Note: I can be totally accurate on these figures because of a free app I downloaded to my phone. All we do is press a start contraction or end contraction button and the app does the rest, calculates the time, intervals, averages...and then throws it into a little chart....all very useful and for this purpose, makes the details of the update easy peasy.

Then, last night for about 2 hours, around 10pm-12am I experienced some very strong rushes that lasted between 1:30-2 minutes each and hit every 12-15 minutes. I had to breath through them and block out anything outside of myself....meaning the episode of Buffy we were watching at the time.

I went to sleep fairly quickly after these and was woken up a few times, but didn't check the time or focus on the contraction, cause I was in sleep mode. But when I woke up this morning my back muscles were really sore, like they had been worked out pretty hard, so I suspect I may have experienced more contractions that didn't wake me up.

BUT - I woke up at 7am and haven't had a contraction all day - it's noon now. So. I cleaned the kitchen, made a big breakfast, went for a 45 minute walk in the pouring rain and now we're going to meet some friends at the bowling alley. I'm in need of some getting out of the house and laughing with good people, so what better place to do it than the bowling alley?

We'll see Anita, our midwife, this afternoon and she check what's going on in there, but until then...I'm off to root for some friends and make some outrageous bets on skill as people throw big balls at misshapen wood.

No comments: