Sunday, June 15, 2008

the end of the day

New York Day 2, Part III

#5 Freight Elevator Secured
George. Where ever he came from was somewhere kindda like hero-ville. All I know is whatever work speed is, he knows it, what ever work speed does to help us get to use the freight elevator, he did it, what ever sway George has, works, cause I frankly didn't have to do anything except answer his easy questions like, "what time are you arriving in the morning?" and "how do you spell the names of the people on your crew?"

So at the end of it all, it was 5:30 p.m., Leisah, the employee from Rose Brand, was meeting us in an hour at the corner of Spring and Broadway in SOHO, a 25 to 30 minute Subway and walk away from where we were, we’d make it back in time for our 7:30 p.m. dinner with the client with a little time to let the sweat dry, smooth down my hair and reapply lip stuff.

There was a moment when we knew we had done it, we still had a ton of work to do till it was done done, but we had made it happen. We were insurance covered, set design ready, allowed to get back into the building with crew and equipment, food was ordered and scheduled to arrive, we had our sanity and we were on our game. I turned to J and with complete elation and conviction said, “I love my job, I really love my job!”

The dinner with the client went smashing. Perhaps details will arrive on the Pushplay blog. But for now. Day 2 is over.

Breakfast – Hotel Breakfast Bar, small croissant with strawberry jam, a hard-boiled egg, apple juice, and coffee for the subway

Lunch - Metro Café on Park Avenue, water, shared vegetable pasta full of artichoke hearts, mushrooms, tomato, asparagus, cheese, and so much deliciousness, and fresh shaved turkey sandwich on a black rye wheat bread

Dinner - with Client started with a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, seasonal fresh vegetable salad with lemon dressing, and a fried calamari appetizer, then the seafood chef special – scallops with mushroom and spinach risotto, and at the end of the night, a wonderful perfectly even decaf cappuccino.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you managed to keep yourself busy in the slowest moving little town around. Kudos!

Oh, and I feel like I'm living in a time warp.

Anonymous said...

I agree, time warp! when I read your evening menu, I breathed a sigh of relief - picturing you beuatiful and sipping the lovely wine.
I can't wait for what it next - mega KUDOS to George. love mumsie

Science Heroes said...

Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand?! What will they think of next, folk rock comedy duos?