Friday, June 29, 2007

stealing ideas from Flo

I haven't been online for a bit, cause I've been having some great adventures and I've got a ton of good posts coming up, but, before i can get there i need to follow Flo's blogging etiquette and do a couple of catch up posts. So here's catch up post 1, entitled:

Gutenberg Graduation 2007






Carson Black.........










.........Zak Davis









In true, senior class tradition, this year's graduation was unique and matched these two graduates perfectly. I'm trying to figure out a way to post their graduation march...we shall see.

*UPDATE* Click here to listen to the Gutenberg Class of 2007's Graduation Recessional. It's located on the music player as "Graduation Recessional," currently the first song listed.


Well, once the event was over, we headed back to Gutenberg for the always amazing "Graduation Reception." And, although I tried my darndest not to eat a piece of cake, Andy was thoughtful and got a large piece so we could share...and I'm admitting now, those 4 bites were like if heaven was made of chocolate and it wasn't a sin to eat them.


We couldn't stop the party there, so we got the handy bike rack out of the trunk, threw on Walter and Josiah's bikes and headed to the liquor store. We didn't make it in time.* So we had to settle for beer and wine from the grocery store.



*for those of you not aware, in Oregon we can't buy liquor at the grocery store, we have to go to a State-Run Liquor Store, that isn't open very often - say past 9 o'clock - or on sundays. so, yeah. that's fun...



Josiah and I stood guard while Andy & Walter went inside to purchase alcoholic beverages for all of us. Then it was back to our place to reminisce, laugh, and make plans for the summer.

When I realized that Gutenberg's graduation was upon us, I have to say I was stunned. That means...

...it's been a year since Andy graduated...
i've been desperate, searching for the photos from Andy's
graduation, but since it was a year ago, I can't find a one!


...it's been a year since our parents were here...



...Andy's been working full-time and
I've been working part-time for almost a year...



...we've gone another year without getting pregnant...
and we've celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary...



I just can't believe that four years seemed like a lifetime and this past year has seemed like a couple of months. I have to say, this past year has been filled with less stress, more friends, and a ton more us time than ever before.

I'm also so proud of my husband. When he said, "when I graduate I want you to quit your job," just the thought was like a dream come true, but I never thought it would really happen.

But, look at me now.

I'm working part time, at a job I love, I'm finally getting a handle on all the chores, I'm cooking meals everyday, I'm exploring creative outlets, I'm running in a 10K -more on this in a future post - and I'm enjoying heaps of time with my husband and our friends. Graduation was the best thing that ever happened to us.

...I hope the same is true for Carson and Zak.

3 comments:

Flo Paris said...

Stop stealing from me.

I love you.

IndianaJones said...

man, that looks like one graduation I would really have loved to have made it too...I listened to the song though and that is priceless.

Marianne Elixir said...

So bummed to have missed this because I am SO proud of those guys.