Saturday, November 22, 2008

When friends need friends.

Dear friends of ours were struck by a life altering event this past week. Their family knows grief and trial well, and watching them dealing with this event from the sidelines has been a true lesson in faith and love. It is best if you hear it from them so I'll post the links to the blogs below.

I haven't made my way to the hospital yet, we are new friends in their lives that are deeply rooted in the community we share. The are taken care of, being helped by family and friends. Really I feel like I don't know what to do. I have a sense of helplessness. I am willing and able to help in any way, but somehow I am held back, I am unsure of what I can offer. I'll call. I'll offer something. Maybe they won't need help right now, that's okay. I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon. I'll be around six weeks from now.

They'll need people around them for a long time. If you think of it, keep their family in your thoughts and prayers. They'll need a lot of strength between them.

News Link Here
Blog Post 1
Blog Post 2

4 comments:

teal! said...

yes, i feel a little the same. I follow her blog, and it feels like i know her more than she knows me...so while i want to do something, to help, to show that i care it also feels like i'm not needed...
which, while that makes me feel a little sad, it also means that they are being well taken care of by those who are closer to them.

Marianne Elixir said...

We have been talking through much the same thing here. I am glad that we will be back in town, and look forward to being able to offer on-going help when they transition back home full-time.

Reading Tucker's posts makes me cry. I am honored to be a part of a community that can embrace each others life interdependently.

IndianaJones said...

I was just chatting with Nancy and feeling that same sense of helplessness. Our friendship was so short a time in the same place but our sharing blogs has seemed to root her in our lives. For now my women's Bible study is praying for her as is our family. I will have to settle on that and continue brain storming for further help. That community really has been amazing in lifting her and her family up. I'm sure the time and perfect way for helping her will arise for you.

meg said...

Thank you ladies for your kind words and encouragement to help. I know the right timing will arise.