Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fug Madness Round One, Part Two


That's right it's still round one, don't worry people, you'll get the hang of things soon enough. There are four 'catagories', all contestants were randomly placed in each and against their first opponent. Because let's face it, if you're fug, you're fug no matter who you're up against.
Just as a slight refresher from our first bracket, here's the first round Cher Bracket - as voted by me - winners:
(1)Aubrey O'Day
(8)Phoebe Price
(12)Lisa Rinna
(4)Sarah Jessica Parker

And now on to the second bracket - Round 1 Bjork Bracket

(6) PAULA ABDUL vs. (11) KATE HUDSON

At first I was leaning toward Paula, for beginners there's this:



The outfit she wore to appear on the Letterman show.

But then there's the unfortunate Bea Arthur-esk approach Kate Hudson seems to have taken to fashion this year. I'd like to submit Exhibit A



And this is where I began to enter the land of - I can't decide.

My Pick: Paula Abdul
My Reason: In the end, my final decision took me back to history and the always fantastic displays of fashion crazy we get from Paula Abdul. Kate's still young, this coming year could go either way, we'll just have to wait and see.



(3) KATIE HOLMES vs. (14) KATIE "JORDAN" PRICE

My first thought was Katie Holmes doesn't do crazy does she? It's just because she's on stage now. But then I saw an 80's inspired wardrobe appear, twice

My next thought was, who the hell is Katie "Jordan" Price?!?! And then this appeared:



I don't even care why, my thought will always be, no, no, no, no. And there's more, a lot more.

My Pick: Katie "Jordan" Price - whoever she is, on that I'm still not very clear
My Reason: See Above



(7) MARY-KATE OLSEN vs. (10) CARRIE UNDERWOOD

I am in awe of Mary-Kate



And it just goes on, and on, and on, and on.

But then Miss Underwood shows up and does something like this all in one night.

My Pick: Mary-Kate Olsen
My Reason: It just doesn't stop with her. Ever.



(2) LADY GAGA vs. (15) WHITNEY PORT
Just google image them. You'll be touched.

Neither of these two wow me, one never wears pants, the other just wears random crazy, trendy fashions.

I really don't think not wearing pants is going to beat SWINTON, not that 'lil 'ol Whitney could ever come close to beating SWINTON, but no pants really isn't that controversial is it? I mean if that's all that you do.

My Pick: Lady Gaga & Whitney Port
My Reason: Cause neither can beat SWINTON and neither feels quite exceptional enough in my mind after what we've been privy to earlier to win. What I'd rather say instead of both is neither - so maybe that's what I'll do, pick neither. I think officially on the site I voted twice. Once for each of em.



Well fashionista fans, that's the end of the Bjork Bracket. Vote and be merry.
Tomorrow after the work day I'll tackle Round One in both the Charo Bracket and in the Madonna Bracket

No comments: