Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's begining to look a lot like...

Spring. Sorry to throw you off if you were singing a little tune and said "Christmas" there instead of Spring, but, you know...Although it's freezing out, our first bulbs are sprouting, rain is piling up all around the yard in happy little puddles, the neighbors cat is pregnant, and it's just about Spring, so it seemed more appropriate even though the house across the street still has big twinkly snowflake lights hung above the garage door.

Things I'm doing with my time on a Sunday:
1. I spent a good 25 minutes going back and forth with KiKi, drying her off in between spurts of her cleaning herself, after she spent a good couple of hours out in the downpour this morning.
2. I made eggs in toast. Yes, eggs in toast. It's when you cut a rectangle out of the middle of a piece of bread (in our case Ezekiel), butter a pan, toss in the bread, then crack an egg in the hole and let it cook.
3. I watched 'My kid could paint that' a documentary about Marla Olmstead, the now 9 year old child painter.
4. Since I cleaned the kitchen yesterday, and I mean cleaned it, including the inside of the oven and the top of the grates with scouring and much elbow effort, I cleaned the stove top again this morning after cooking breakfast, just so I could bask it it's perfect cleanliness a little longer.
5. I'm reading a book that my mom sent me. It's not really my normal style of reading material, but it's cold outside and it's nice to have a good reason to sit on the couch with a warm blanket and KiKi on my lap that isn't like 'wasting time' doing nothing.
6. After I hit Publish Post I'm getting up and finishing the cleaning of the house, which includes the bathroom and the mess of an area we call the 'dining table' most of the time, but that right now would be more appropriately titled the 'junk table'.

We've watched a few movies I'd like to comment about (Revolver included Mrs. Culver), and I still have to download all the photos from my camera (including Little Mister and his baby brother) and mention a few of the events that have happened over the past couple of months (Science shows, travels with work etc). But for now, deal with the list above and check your google reader or whatever soon to catch up with what's been going on in my head.

4 comments:

Happy Girl said...

that book is def not one i would choose either... but it was on the free table... i am a sucker for free. :)

meg said...

I am seriously having a hard time reading it without editing it since it's an unedited version. ha!

Happy Girl said...

I know! I did too!! he heh

Sarah said...

I also want to know what you thought about My Kid Could Paint That. I thought the documentary itself was fantastic, but the whole situation was really baffling and kind of sad.